6th Grade Social Studies
Students - Remember to check your emails daily!!!
I will be adding your digital lessons on here every Monday. If you need to contact me, send an email and I will get back to you as quickly as possible. We will be setting up times for digital chats through Microsoft Teams soon. I look forward to hearing from all of you again and hope that you are doing well. You are all in my prayers.
To access Microsoft Teams for our digital video chats:
- Log into Clever by going to oc-sd.com, then "Online Curriculum", then selecting "Clever Portal".
- Once logged in, scroll down until you see and click on it.
- A new tab will open and you will need to click on .
- You should have a team for each of your classes. You will click on that team during your designated meeting time. You will see a button that says "Join Meeting" at that time which will allow you to join the weekly video chat.
Agenda for March 25-27, 2020
Students will need to log into Study Island by going through Clever and complete the Diagnostic Test. This has to be completed before any other assignments can be added to you. It will not take long. Just do your best. This will not count as a grade, but will let me see what you remember from the earlier part of the year.
Agenda for March 30 - April 3, 2020
S.S. - Students will need to log into Study Island, read the lesson over Roman Geography and complete the practice questions to a 80%.
- Answer discussion question in "Quarantine Folder" in Schoology by this Friday.
Agenda for April 6 - April 10, 2020
S.S. - Log into Pearson and complete lesson over Roman Republic. Watch the video, read the lesson, answer the lesson check questions and take the quiz. Also, don't forget to log into Schoology and complete the March and April Women's Suffrage lessons in the Quarantine Folder and the Quarantine discussion. Let me know if you need any help. Don't forget our chat meeting in Teams on Tuesday at 9! See you then.
Remember we love you all so much and miss you! You are doing so great! Let us know if you need any help, need something at home, want to talk, etc. We are here for you!
Agenda for April 13 - April 17, 2020
S.S. - Log into Pearson and complete the lessons over "Society in the Republic" and "The Republic Struggles". There are multiple parts to these lessons including: videos, etext, lesson check and lesson quiz. Complete these in order. They make more sense that way. Don't forget to join in our chat session on Tuesday at 9 a.m.
For a video summary, view the following videos from Khan academy: